|Study location||Turkey, Istanbul|
|Nominal duration||4 years (240 ECTS)|
|Study language||combined Turkish/English|
|Tuition fee||$12,000 per year|
High school / secondary education (or higher)
1. Passport (personal information page)
2. Official document signifying successful completion of high school – diploma in many countries (if it is not in English or Turkish, it must be translated)
3. Official high school transcript national or internationally recognized test results or provisional results if not available by the time of submission.
4. English language proficiency test results if available.
5. Statement of Motivation – You will be asked to prepare an essay explaining why you want to attend Özyeğin University and what your goals are. This essay should not be longer than two pages. It can be prepared as a “Word” or “PDF” document, which you will upload. (Strong “Motivation letter” will increase your chance of getting a scholarship or even increase it)*** The soft copies of the original documents and their translated versions need to be uploaded together.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Turkish.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
if it is not in English or Turkish, it must be translated
English language proficiency test results if available.
At least 2 reference(s) should be provided.
As being founded within the Faculty of Architecture and Design for the first time in Turkey, the Department of Communication Design offers a four year undergraduate program that aims at the understanding of the principles, theories and the practice of communication design with the goal of conveying ideas and information consisting of image, text and sound in the most efficient form. Encompassing areas such as information architecture, interactive interface design, multi-media applications, new generation of communication technologies, and interactive exhibition systems, this program is in mutual support with other departments in the faculty. Our students, besides acquiring a strong background in communication design principles, can be equipped with interdisciplinary knowledge that incorporates a broad domain, or by gaining in-depth knowledge through our modular program, can be graduated as experts in a personally focused field.
Our students, besides acquiring a strong background in communication design principles, can be equipped with interdisciplinary knowledge that incorporates a broad domain, or by gaining in-depth knowledge through our modular program, can be graduated as experts in a personally focused field.
• In their Freshman year, students will acquire knowledge in basic design principles, attain skills in drawing and in the use of software, and be able to produce with basic media by using photography and video.
• In the Sophomore year, students will be offered courses where they can obtain extensive knowledge in graphic design, typography, animation, information architecture & network design, and history of art & design.
• In their Junior year, in addition to design studio, interactive media design and basics of usability, students can take elective courses on subjects they are interested in, or courses included in the module of their personally focused area.
In the Senior year, along with the design studio, and the graduation project, students will gain knowlegde in technology & innovation management and strategy development. In this semester, students will also be able to take elective courses on subjects they are interested in, or courses included in the module of their personally focused area.
In parallel to our department’s vision, our goal is to educate resouceful and innovative designers in the field of communication design who are equipped both in research and applied work; collaborators and entrepreneurs who can work with other fields and can even go beyond to discover and create what doesn’t exist yet.
With the knowledge and experience gained after a minimum of eight semesters, our graduates can work in the following sectors and positions:
· executive or creative director in new generation agencies,
· academician in related fields of universities,
· researcher in R&D (research and development) departments of technology companies,
· designers in museums or galleries that make use of experimental, interactive exhibition techniques.
· animator in small production agencies specialized in motion media.