|Study location||Turkey, Istanbul|
|Nominal duration||4 years (240 ECTS)|
|Study language||combined Turkish/English|
|Tuition fee||$12,000 per year|
High school / secondary education (or higher)
1. Passport (personal information page)
2. Official document signifying successful completion of high school – diploma in many countries (if it is not in English or Turkish, it must be translated)
3. Official high school transcript national or internationally recognized test results or provisional results if not available by the time of submission.
4. English language proficiency test results if available.
5. Statement of Motivation – You will be asked to prepare an essay explaining why you want to attend Özyeğin University and what your goals are. This essay should not be longer than two pages. It can be prepared as a “Word” or “PDF” document, which you will upload. (Strong “Motivation letter” will increase your chance of getting a scholarship or even increase it)*** The soft copies of the original documents and their translated versions need to be uploaded together.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Turkish.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
if it is not in English or Turkish, it must be translated
English language proficiency test results if available.
At least 2 reference(s) should be provided.
OzU Natural and Mathematical Sciences Department aims to provide a strong background in basic sciences for students majoring in undergraduate and graduate engineering programs. The most basic approaches in this direction are the physics and mathematics courses offered to undergraduate engineering students and the engineering mathematics courses offered to graduate engineering students. As an another approach, the courses offered for undergraduate and graduate engineering students who wish to develope a depth of understanding in a particular area of physics or mathematics can be mentioned. Additionally, the department provides instructor support for physics and mathematics courses in the programs of other units of the University.
In addition to teaching the basic sciences courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels, it is also a significant part of the Natural and Mathematical Sciences Department’s mission to participate actively in research activities of the University. With the research projects conducted, the scientific papers published in prominent international journals and the scientific work presented at prominent conferences, the department’s faculty members aim to be at the forefront of scientific research in their respective areas. Besides, another goal is to enhance collaborative scientific work with faculty members in other units of OzU, especially by developing multidisciplinary projects.
The Natural and Mathematical Sciences Department has 5 full-time faculty members and 2 instructors. All of the faculty members received their PhD degrees from renowned national and international universities and they have teaching and research experiences both within Turkey and abroad. The department’s faculty members have been awarded various research awards and teaching awards.
The faculty members of the Natural and Mathematical Sciences Department conduct research mainly in the areas of physics and mathematics. The research topics tackled by the faculty members are listed as follows for physics and mathematics, respectively:
High Energy Physics Phenomenology
Experimental High Energy Physics
Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations
Infinite Dimensional Dynamical Systems